Geronimo Partners with P4P

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

Geronimo Canoe Club has taken the opportunity to collaborate with PPP, as ambassadors of our sacred ocean to bring awareness and help raise funds for PPP.


For Immediate Release: March 17, 2021

Pacific Peoples’ Partnership Launches Inaugural Paddle4Pacific Campaign Paddle 4 Pacific will provide communities, families, and friends, an opportunity to enjoy a paddling activity outdoors while raising awareness and funds for Pacific Peoples’ Partnership (PPP) - a charity that supports Indigenous and South Pacific communities. Join us from May 31st through to June 19th 2021, as we mark World Oceans Day, participants will be invited to safely engage in their favourite paddling activity such as kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, or canoeing (or any other inspired alternative.)

At PPP we build solidarity, educate and engage Canadians, and create innovative programming which directly supports and empowers Indigenous and South Pacific peoples. Our organization works in partnership, across a variety of cross-cutting themes. Our primary focus areas are: Gender Equality, Climate Action and Indigenous Rights.

Through the CanadaHelps platform, corporate teams, families, sports teams and individuals can sign up and set goals to get out on the water and paddle. Create some friendly competition and get actively involved in championing this cause!

Funds raised by Paddle4Pacific will be distributed between both our international and domestic programming. 75% of funds will go to our Pacific Resilience Fund – an innovative Indigenous-led fund which supports communities in the South Pacific. The other 25% will go to our domestic programming which supports Indigenous youth, arts, education and cultural exchange programs among many others.

We hope to see you out on the water and #MakeEveryStrokeCount !

For more information please contact:

event website:

April Ingham, Executive Director
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
+1 (250) 381-4131